Copyright © 2011-
The Seeburg KT, known to collectors as Ameica’s most popular little orchestrion, was introduced in 1914. J.P. Seeburg Piano Company touted its new model as “the smallest orchestra in the world and the largest mony maker.” During Prohibition, this model was one of Seeburg’s best seller, largely due to its size and ability to fit into the smallest of speakeasies and other illegal liquor establishments.
The Style KT features a piano with mandolin attachment, accompanied by a single-
This beautiful instrument is ready for a new home. Purchase includes 4 ten-
This example was built in 1924 and has spent its whole life within 75 miles of where it was built. It spent its first years at Gianottis’s tavern in the small town of Reddick, in rural Kankakee County, Illinois. During the war years it entertained at McGinnis ice cream parlor, then was moved upstairs to a dance hall. In 1946, it was purchased by Victor Steinhardt and moved to his residence before being put into storage for many years. It was purchased by Ron Hartman, also of Kankakee county in about 1995. Ron soon did a complete rebuild restoration of the piano, new strings and pins, complete overhaul of the pneumatic system, nickel plating of the hardware was replaced, new casters installed, motor examined and serviced, complete refinish of entire cabinet in original color scheme, silver grey quartered oak with gold trimmings. Art glass is original and intact.